Thursday 2 January 2014

Mini Barry M Haul

My local Tesco has had quite the makeover recently and with it they have introduced this whole new beauty section with nail tech's included. I got most excited when I saw the Barry M coming soon poster 'cause I'd always wanted to try their nail polishes but had never been able to get hold of them before. 


The first polish is this "Nail Paint" in quite simply "Red Glitter". It took 3 coats to get a good full coverage but it looks amazing! Red glitter isn't exactly an every day polish
but for Christmas and Valentines day this will go down a treat. I have to say the glitter is quite chunky so it does take a couple of of layers of top coat, but I promise it's well worth it.
The next one I have is again a "Nail Paint" in this gorgeous purple, aptly named "Vivid Purple". It's a very dark purple more on the red side and if you look really close it has the tiniest specs of blue and red glitter. Not a colour I would choose for day wear in the warmer months but one I would use on a night out any time of the year.
The last one I have is again a "Nail Paint" this time in "Black". I recently knocked over the container I had all my nail polishes in and somehow managed to break 3 black polishes! I mean, come on, what are the chances of that?! So this was more of a 'need' than want.
I seem to be creating quite a collection of top coats, base coats and nail strengtheners, but this is the first one I've ever bought that is all three in one. I'm yet to use it as a base coat/nail strengthener but as a top coat it's fantastic. It dries quick with a perfect glossy wet-look.
The last and most expensive item I bought was the Barry M nail art pen in black. It's about 4 inches long and draws lines of 1mm thickness. It's a great tool to have and enables you to do some fab detail work however the polish/ink inside is a little sketchy, I find it ever so slightly cracks not too dissimilar to a crackle nail polish. Regardless of that I will still be buying more, in as many colours as I can get my hands on.
Overall I'd say Barry M lives up to it's reputation. It's a fantastic product with a reasonable price tag. I'm very happy with the products I have bought and I will most definitely be purchasing more in the future. The only problem I have is the names of the polishes. The likes of China Glaze, O.P.I and even some no-name brands have better names than "vivid purple" my favourite would have to be "Tickle my France-y" by O.P.I I'm not a fan of the colour, but I still own the polish, possibly just because of the name. Take the hint Mr. M!

Happy New Year all, may your nails be chip-free and shiny x

Post a Comment

Instagram